Download the following infographic. (Last updated by PrEP-AP: 7.22.2019)
Online options to access PrEP-AP:
In response to COVID-19, many enrollment sites may offer virtual enrollment services.
Contracted PrEP-AP providers include the telemedicine service PlushCare for online access to PrEP care and medications.
To qualify for the California PrEP Assistance Program (PrEP-AP), you:
- Are 12 years or older
- Are a California resident
- Are HIV negative
- Have an annual Modified Adjusted Gross Income that does not exceed 500% of the Federal Poverty Level based on family size and household income (12–17yo have no income requirements)
- Not be fully covered by Medi-Cal or another third-party payer
- Are on another person's insurance policy and worry about confidentiality (you can apply as an uninsured client, with no income requirements)
- Because PrEP-AP is funded only with state funds, it is not used as a determination for public charge
Kaiser Permanente (KP) members: The CA PrEP-AP is also available to members in need of financial assistance with out-of-pocket PrEP costs. As of 3/1/19 the Gilead copay card is no longer required. KP members can apply at ANY certified CA PrEP-AP enrollment site but will still be required to see their KP provider for PrEP services and pick-up prescriptions at KP pharmacies. Find a contracted enrollment location .
If you do not qualify for PrEP-AP you can check out other Payment Assistance Programs which you may be able to apply for.