Paying for PrEP

Looking for resources to pay for PrEP?

The following financial assistance programs may be able to help pay for PrEP-related services, including copays and deductibles. Click on the links below to learn more about each program.

In California:

California PrEP Assistance Program (PrEP-AP)PrEP-AP infographic

In order to qualify, you must:

  • Be 18 years or older
  • Be a California resident
  • Be HIV negative
  • Have an annual Modified Adjusted Gross Income that does not exceed 500% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) based on family size and household income
  • Not be fully covered by Medi-Cal or another third-party payer


For more information on enrollment and eligibility, click HERE.

To find PrEP/PEP resources and assistance programs in your state, click HERE.

In the U.S.:

Gilead Copay Program 

Patient Advocate Foundation

PAN Foundation (For Medicare only)

My Good Days is a new patient assistance program for various conditions:

  • $7,500 per year
  • Covers Truvada for PrEP
  • Must have a valid Social Security number
  • Must receive treatment in the United States
  • Must have valid insurance coverage (Medicare, TRICARE CHAMPVA, and Blue Cross/Blue Shield Federal only)
  • Must be at or below 500% ($62,450, household of 1) of the FPL  
  • Learn more at or 1-877-968-7233. 


• If you are uninsured, or insured and looking for a new health plan:

Got questions? Click the chat bubble on the right to chat with us!